Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sunday, April 3, 2005

Today I found 20 cents. . .all pennies. I also found a Canadian penny. Sadly, the Canadian penny does not count towards the day’s totals.

Today was an all around bad day so I’m surprised that I even found anything considering the mood I was in. However, finds were made and are thus documented for posterity. Four cents were found in the parking lot of Kroger, a local grocery store; two cents were found outside of a Shipley’s Doughnuts store; and two cents at the drive-thru of a Taco Bell.

In the afternoon I went to the Astros final preseason game of the year. They lost, but that isn’t why my day was bad. I found one penny outside the stadium in the road (which was blocked because of the game, which made retrieving the Lincoln quite easy). Driving home I spotted another single cent in the road and was able to retrieve it due to the fact that I was stopped at a red light. Another single penny was found in the parking lot of Wells Fargo, a local bank where I stopped to use the ATM machine. The penny was between two parking spaces and was badly battered.

My final finds of the day were made at Sonic where I found five cents and the Kwick Kar Wash, which is right next to Sonic, where I found four cents (two of which were stuck together). The Canadian penny was found in the parking lot of the Shipley’s Doughnuts store. It will be deposited into my Not Change Cup, which is home to various assorted foreign coins, marbles, tokens, and a yellow bouncy ball.

Totals for the day: 20 cents
Race Totals: $34.87

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home