Thursday, March 24, 2005

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Today I found 48 cents. . .1 nickel, 2 dimes, and 23 pennies. I also found a plastic quarter in some grass. Sadly, the plastic quarter will not count towards the day’s totals.

I was going to go straight to work this morning but I heard on the radio that their was an accident by my office that was delaying traffic. With that in mind I took a detour in an attempt to ferret out some hidden change. My first stop was a Taco Bell where I was promptly rewarded with 10 cents (one nickel & five pennies). I stopped at a nearby Sonic and found 7 cents (all pennies) and a carwash that I had never seen before where I found 5 cents (all pennies). Three of the five pennies were hidden in some mud, so I game myself a mental pat on the back for finding them. Also sitting in the grass was a plastic quarter that said "copy" across it. The plastic quarter will be deposited into my not change cup.

Driving home I stopped at Chevron to fill up with gas and I found 2 cents in the parking lot. I walked over to the McDonalds which is located next to the gas station and found 23 cents (two dimes & three pennies). One of those pennies was stuck in some tar and had to be removed with the pointed end of my car key. I heard the click of the gas pump right as I walked up, a wonderful feeling. My final penny of the day came in the middle of two lanes as I drove home. I was stopped at a light and saw the dull tint of copper. Having plenty of time I put the car in park, shimmed out, and retrieved the Lincoln. I was back in the car by the time the light changed.

Totals for the day: 48 cents
Race Totals: $29.16

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did you eat at the Sonic? If not, have you ever eaten at one?

We're Sonic-deprived in the Northeast, though we get the tantalizing commercials. We ate at one once, as we drove to Memphis. I threw away my cherry lime rickey without realizing there were cherries for the picking amid the slushy ice.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Despite my fondness for fast food change I don't have a fondness for fast food. However, Sonic is quality and I do frequent it on occasion. The commercials, especially the one where the guy wants to pay with an old valuable wheat penny and expects change, are wonderful.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home