Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Today I found $1.55. . . 2 quarters, 3 nickels, 5 dimes, and 40 pennies (over $1 and the cycle for the fifth day in a row). I also found a fake nickel. Sadly, the fake nickel does not count towards the days totals.

This morning I was in Conroe, TX for an appointment. While waiting for my meeting to start I stopped by Chick-Fil-A to do some change searching. I found 53 cents (one quarter, two dimes, one nickel, and three pennies). Right next door was a Sonic Drive Thru where I found 17 cents (all pennies). This is also where I found the fake nickel, which looked like a real nickel but was made of plastic and said "copy" on it. In the parking lot of my appointment I found four cents (all pennies). At lunch I went to Randall’s, a local grocery store, for a sandwich and found seven cents (one nickel & two pennies) by a change counting machine.

On the way home I stopped at Starbucks and found 25 cents (two dimes & five pennies) in the drive-thru. I swung into a McDonalds and found 46 cents (one quarter, one dime, one nickel, and six pennies) in the drive-thru. My final find of the day were three cents at a dollar store in The Woodlands, TX where I stopped to purchase a larger container to hold all of my change.

Since starting to search drive-thru windows last week my change totals have increased exponentially but my satisfaction has decreased considerably. There is just something that seems less than pure about finding change at a drive-thru. Sadly, I believe that the drive-thru window is to me like crack is to a drug addict. I know it isn’t good, and I know I should stop, but I won’t. There is too much money to find and Bailey is showing no signs of slowing. All I can hope for is some satisfying finds mixed in with my drive-thru finds.

Totals for the day: $1.55
Race Totals: $20.06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home