Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Today I found $1.05. . . 15 pennies, 3 quarters, 1 dime, and 1 nickel (hitting for the change cycle). I also found a token for the subway in Atlanta, GA. Sadly, the token does not count towards the days totals.

This morning I was not feeling well and wasn’t sure that I would even leave the apartments. However, by noon I was hungry and I went to a local Mexican eatery for lunch. I found one penny in the parking lot.

Since I was already out I decided to stop by and see Tara and bring her some oranges that I had acquired while in Florida. I stopped at a car wash and found 41 cents (one quarter, one nickel, and 11 pennies). The quarter was right by my car tire when I opened the door and I almost dismissed it as a piece of aluminum foil. I also found a token for the metro in Atlanta, GA at the car wash. I identify it as being from Atlanta as it has "MARTA" on it, which I believe is the train system in that city.

After a short visit with Tara I stopped at the Sonic in Tomball, TX and found 12 cents (one dime & 2 pennies). All were in parking spots and it is likely that when change was being returned to customers it had fallen underneath the car and had been forgotten.

My biggest find of the day was at Kroger, a grocery store. I found 50 cents in a pay telephone coin return. How someone forgets 50 cents, or why they had deposited an amount that would lead to a 50 cent return is beyond me. I’m just grateful for the found silver. My final find of the day was a single penny that was sitting on the floor in the laundry room. I found it when I went in to put what I had already washed in the dryer.

I discovered something interesting today that I will share with everyone. Apparently, when the Wisconsin state quarters were minted there were some produced with extra leaves on a stalk of corn. These defects are worth between $300-600. I searched all my state quarters and did not find a defect. There is an interesting article about the defective quarters, complete with pictures. It can be found at:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2702614,00.html

Totals for the day: $1.05
Race Totals: $12.33

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home