Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Today I found 62 cents. . . 22pennies, 3 dimes, and 2 nickels.

There was nothing to do today except look for change. It rained so hard in Florida that all Spring Training practices were canceled. I started the day in Kissimmee, FL, but ended up driving through Lakeland and all the way to Bradenton, FL. I have a friend who is a pitcher with Pittsburgh and I figured that today would be a good day to visit him. Of course a few stops were made along the way to gather discarded change.

I found 12 cents (one dime and two pennies) at a Sonic in St. Cloud, eight cents (one nickel and 3 pennies) at a Taco Bell drive thru in Kissimmee, FL, 22 cents (two dimes & two pennies at a KFC in Kissimmee, three cents at a Steak & Shake in Kissimmee, seven cents (all pennies) at an Exxon in Lakeland, one cent at a Hess gas station in Bradenton, and nine cents (one nickel and 4 pennies at a Splash n’Dash car wash in Braenton.

I must admit that towards the end I really did not want to be looking for change as it was raining quite hard. However, as this is the Race of the Century I continued.

Totals for the day: 62 cents
Race Totals: $5.56

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home