Friday, February 25, 2005

Friday, February 25, 2005

Today I found 41 cents. . . 11 pennies, a quarter, and a nickel. I also found two tokens. Sadly, the tokens do not count towards the days totals.

On my way back from an appointment I stopped at a Sonic and found four pennies. At a Shell station I found three more pennies, and a quarter in a drive through window of a KFC that had not opened for the day. After work I had some errands to do and I found a penny and a nickle in and next to a coin sorting machine at Randalls. Two pennies were found at the post office, where both the stamp machine and the automatic postage machine were broken. My final penny of the day came to me in a washing machine in my apartment complex laundry room.

Both tokens were found by the coin sorting machine at Randalls. One token is for Sky Blue Water (Slogan: "The way it is supposed to taste") and the other token has the word "Tilt" on the front and the number 5 on the back. Both tokens will be deposited into my non-change cup.

Today I was also reminded, just incase I had forgotten, that I live in Houston, TX. Driving back from an appointment I got stuck in traffic behind 20 chuck wagons and 50 horses. That’s right. . . 20 chuck wagons and 50 horses. Today is the first day of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and it is tradition for BBQ cook off contestants arrive at the rodeo grounds the old time way. Only in Texas.

Tomorrow I leave for vacation in Florida. If all goes according to planned I will be watching lots of Spring Training baseball games and getting lots of baseballs autographed. I’m hopeful that I will have access to a computer every few days so I can continue to post. If not, I will keep detailed notes of my change finds and report back when I return.

Totals for the day: 41 cents
Race Totals: $4.41

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home