Friday, February 18, 2005

Friday, February 18, 2005

Today I found 13 cents, each a red President Lincoln.

The first penny was found by the pay phone at a no name gas station along Interstate 45 where I stopped for the sole purpose of looking for coins as I was unusually early for an appointment this morning. This penny was hidden quite well in a patch of dirt, but proved no match for my eagle eye.

The next 7 pennies came via a trip to a car wash along Interstate 45 as I was returning from the appointment. I was somewhat disappointed with this as it was a very large car wash and I expected more change.

Two pennies were found at a Taco Bell by George Bush Intercontinental Airport, where I had dropped off Jennifer for a trip to Louisville, KY (or as the locals refer to it: Looeyville. . . or Luhvul. . . or Looaville). More on that trip in a second.

An additional penny was found when I stopped at Chevron for actual gas on the way home and I found my 2 final pennies of the day in a parking lot by Sears Hardware where I had stopped for some penny nails (honest) to complete some shelves that I have been working on for too long now.

Now, back to Louisville, for just one second. Jennifer is on a very clandestine mission there. So secretive that she feels that she can not tell her own family (she is a grown adult). Sufficed to say, it involves a boy. Anyhow, Louisville is a great city and there are many things to do there. Below is a sample of the fun things to do in the city:

1. Visit the Worlds Largest Bat at the Louisville Slugger factory.
2. Visit the KFC, that’s right Kentucky Fried Chicken, museum.
3. Take a tour of the Baxter Avenue Morgue (they do give tours).
4. Drop by the Louisville Ladder Group, LLC (proudly making ladders since 1946).
5. Take an evening dinner cruise on the Star of Louisville (ph. # 502-589-7827).
______
Today links were set up to my rival in this change hunt (Change Race--Bailey) & to a New Jersey change hunter who has no rival and serves an inspiration to us all (Change Quest). Check them out!

Totals for the day: 13 cents
Race Totals: $1.94

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home