Thursday, February 24, 2005

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Today I found 45 cents. . . 35 pennies and a dime. I also found an elongated smushed penny, a plastic penny, a nondescript token, a St. Pius medal, a wallet, and a coin from Costa Rica. Sadly, the last six do not count towards the days totals.

On my way home from work I stopped at the reliable Kwick Kar Wash and found 12 pennies. While completing some chores I retrieved three pennies from the base of trees outside on of the local HEB’s (a grocery store). An additional six pennies were found in and around the parking lot of a local Sonic. In my largest take of the day 13 pennies and a shiny dime were found at a no name car wash on Louetta Rd. My final penny came in the parking lot outside Cici’s Pizza.

The smushed elongated penny was found on top of a coin sorting machine, along with the nondescript token (which had an eagle on one side and the words "no cash value" on the other). The smushed elongated penny featured a panoramic view of the golden gate bride, located in San Francisco. The St. Pius medal and the plastic penny were found at the Kwick Kar Wash. The mint from Costa Rica, a 10 colones piece, valued at 2.2 cents American, was found underneath a vending machine at the no name car wash.

The wallet that I found was in the parking lot at Randalls grocery store. The wallet contained 40 cents, and no identification. However, there was a piece of paper with a woman’s name and some phone numbers on it. After calling the woman I was able to locate the owner of the wallet and return it to her, 40 cents included. Obviously, the 40 cents are not included in the days totals.

The St. Pius medal was directly proportionate to a nickle in terms of size and color. For a moment I thought it was one. I was saddened that it was not. However, some would argue that finding religion is better than finding a nickle so I should not complain.

Totals for the day: 45 cents
Race Totals: $4.00

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much time do can you possibly have on your hands????

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for the "do can" comment.... surprisingly I teach English....

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Susan:

Many of my friends and co-workers share your thoughts. However, this is "The Race of the Century" so I must work hard towards the $100. Any comments you have as to other things I could do to entertain myself are welcome. Thanks for taking the time to write.

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your first paragraph here cracked me up. I want to start looking for change too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home