Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Today I found 34 cents. . . 9 pennies, 2 dimes, and a nickle. I also found an elongated smushed penny and a button that looked like a penny. Sadly, the last two do not count towards the days totals.

First thing this morning I found a dime in the gym parking lot. It seems like this parking lot is quite the fertile change resting ground and I might adjust my workout schedule so I can search each morning. Next I found 2 cents in the parking lot at Katy Mills Mall where I went for a morning appointment.

On the way back to work I stopped at McDonald’s and found the elusive nickle hiding beneath a drive up window. As I retrieved the nickle a McDonald’s worker opened the window and asked if I needed assistance. When he saw that I was acquiring a nickle the window was promptly shut without any type of explanation being requested.

After work I found a dime by the vending machine at work and on the way home I found 7 cents in and around the parking lot at Sonic.

The smushed elongated penny was found in the parking lot at Katy Mills Mall just outside Bass Pro Shop. It had a billfish, also known as the elusive Pacific blue marlin, on it and Katy, TX stamped directly below. The button, that provided me a moment of excitement, was found in the parking lot at Sonic.

I have had multiple false starts in my change finding race, mostly attributed to gum and shiny bits of tin foil resembling the happy dime. This was my first experience being bested by a button. I am hopeful that I will learn from the experience.

Totals for the day: 34 cents
Race Totals: $3.55

3 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

I think you mean "Explaination" not expiration

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Very solid Billfish blast.
Earl from Toshiba would be proud.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Damn, I was so excited when I saw comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home