Monday, February 21, 2005

Monday, February 21, 2005

Today I found 12 cents. . . all pennies.

I figured today was going to be a good day for change hunting, as it was President’s Day and I did not have to work. Sadly, as the day wore on and my errands began to wrap up I was slightly concerned that my Cal Ripken like streak of double digit change find days would come to an end. However, like the true competitor that I am victory was snatched from the jaws of defeat. Below is a chronicle of the days finds:

1 penny was found at the Shell Station on Louetta Rd. where I briefly stopped hoping to finds some change.

3 pennies were found at a no name car wash on Louetta Rd. where I stopped to check out the prices of a little Mexican lunch cart for future reference.

1 penny was FINALLY claimed from between the change machine and the lottery machine at the local Kroger (no longer will this failure of past haunt me).

1 penny was found at The Woodland House where I met my retired co-worker, John, for delicious all you can eat Chinese Buffet.

1 penny was found at the Salvation Army off FM 1960 where I stopped to donate some clothes that I have not worn for a long time.

3 pennies were found at the old reliable Kwick Kar Wash.

2 pennies were found in my apartment complex parking lot.

Now, my personal message to the lady that nearly took off the back of my car in the Kroger parking lot: Common sense dictates that when a car is 85 percent out of a parking spot (me) the approaching car (evil lady) should stop and let the car (me) out. Just because you have a SUV this does not give you a license to drive like an idiot. Thank you, and Happy President’s Day!

Totals for the day: 12 cents
Race Totals: $3.11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home