Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Today I found 10 cents. . . all pennies.

The pressure of my double digit streak can really be felt on days like this. I must confess that as the day wound to a close and I was still a few cents off I really started to grip. Luckily some late change finds put me into the doubles again. Below is my day:

2 cents were found in the parking lot at the gym when I worked out this morning with my retired co-worker John. Both were heads up so I figured it would be a lucky day. I also saw my friend Kim, who I had not seen in a long time.

1 penny was found on the way to work. It was sitting in the middle of the road and was badly mangled. I was at a stop light, but inspired by Baily I opened the door and retrieved the precious red cent from further abuse at the wheels of passing cars.

4 cents were found after lunch. I dined on a Philadelphia cheese steak with my friend Perry. Props to Perry as he brought me some good luck. He suggested that after lunch we go to Kroger so he could pick up some sugar for the office coffee junkies. I quickly found 3 cents on the ground, a 1940 wheat penny in a coin sorting machine, and a 20 pence piece on the ground by the checkout line. Sadly, the 20 pence piece is not counted in the daily totals.

3 cents were found on the way home from work, including one cent by the Taco Bell drive up window. A special thanks is sent out to the guy who patiently waited as I walked up to the window to retrieve the elusive Lincoln. Thanks for not running me over.

Totals for the day: 10 cents
Race Totals: $3.21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home