Saturday, February 26, 2005

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Today I found 53 cents. . . 28 pennies, 2 dimes, and a nickel.

Today was my first day of vacation in sunny Florida. However, it was not that sunny and somewhat cold. The purpose of my vacation was to see Spring Training baseball games and practices. I arrived in Kissimmee, FL, spring home to the Houston Astros. Although I only got one autograph today (John Franco) I did find a lot of change after the days practice. All of the finds for the day were in Kissimmee and St. Cloud, the small town right next to Kissimmee.

I found one cent by a trash can at the airport while I was waiting for my bags to be unloaded from the plane, a nickel in the paring lot by the Astros training facility, five cents (all pennies) at Krazy Vern’s Car Wash, 5 cents (all pennies) at Water Whirled Car Wash, one cent at multiple places (Shell, Wal-Mart, and Albertsons), seven cents at a laundry mat, two cents at Save Rite Grocery Store, two cents at Winn-Dixie, and 23 cents (2 dimes and 3 pennies) at Race Track.

I had quite a bit of time to look for change since practice was over by 3:00 pm and there was nothing else to do for the day. I’m hopeful that the rest of the vacation will be as productive.

Totals for the day: 53 cents
Race Totals: $4.94

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home