Monday, March 07, 2005

Monday, March 7, 2005

Today I found $1.28. . . 33 pennies, 1 nickel, and 9 dimes. One of the dimes was silver, which was very exciting.

I had intended to drive to Jupiter to watch a two baseball games, but after a night of enjoying beverages with a friend of mine who is a pitcher with the Houston Astros I decided that I really did not want to do a lot of driving. I spent my final day of vacation in Kissimmee, FL watching the Houston Astros practice.

I found one penny at a Hess gas station, three cents at a Sonic, one penny at an A&W drive-thru, one cent at a no name car wash, one cent at a KFC drive-thru, 15 cents (one dime & five pennies) at a 7-11, 54 cents (four dimes, one nickel, & 9 pennies) at Krazy Vern’s Car Wash, five cents at a Chevron (all pennies) , four cents at a flea market, 21 cents (2 dimes & one penny) at a Circle K gas station, two cents at another 7-11, and 20 cents (two dimes) at an Albertsons grocery store.

The final dime of the day, by a change machine at Albertsons, was a silver dime. I did not know it at the time but it was the last piece of change that I would find in Florida. It was a good way to end my vacation.

Totals for the day: $1.28 (a single day record, to date)
Race Totals: $10.87

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home