Sunday, March 06, 2005

Sunday, March 6, 2005

Today I found 44 cents. . . 39 pennies & 1 nickel. I also got the mayor of Washington, DC to sign a baseball for me.

I had intended to drive to Vero Beach to watch a baseball game, but after all the driving of yesterday I decided to go to Viera and watch the Houston Astros play the Washington Nationals. The weather was beautiful, so I was happy.

I found 4 cents at an Exxon gas station, 3 cents at a Shell gas station, six cents (one nickel & one penny) at a BP gas station, three cents at a 7-11 store, four cents at a Citco in St. Cloud, three cents at a Marathon gas station, four cents at a no name car wash, two cents at a Race Trac, 10 cents at another 7-11 (all pennies), four cents at another Shell gas station, and one cent at Wal-Mart.

At the baseball game I saw the mayor of Washington, DC. He was surrounded by security, but for some reason they didn’t think a guy with no shirt walking up to the mayor was a problem. This is what happened:

Me to Security: May I ask the mayor to sign a baseball?
Security: What do I care.
Me: Ok, thanks.

I got to tell you, if I was the mayor I would want a little more than that from my security. That said, he was very nice and actually chatted with me for a bit. On the way out the security asked me if they could have the baseball. I had to decline the request.

Totals for the day: 44 cents
Race Totals: $9.59

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home