Monday, February 28, 2005

Monday, February 28, 2005

Today I found 69 cents. . . 19 pennies & 5 dimes. I also found an elongated penny. Sadly, the elongated penny does not count towards the days totals.

I started the day in Bradenton, FL watching the Pittsburgh Pirates practice and after that was over I drove to Port St. Lucie to watch the Mets. Autographs were not very good today, but I did manage to get Jason Bay, the Rookie of the Year in 2004 and Gary Carter, a member of the Hall of Fame. Besides the small successes it was not that good of a day.

In Bradenton I found 6 cents (all pennies) at a British Petroleum gas station, 2 cents at a no name car wash, 5 cents (all pennies) at a Race Trac, 31 cents (three dimes & a penny) at an Arby’s Drive Thru, 1 cent at a Chevron, and 10 cents (a dime) at a no name car wash. Driving to Port St. Lucie I found a dime at a Winn-Dixie in Lakewales, FL, and once in Port St. Lucie I found a penney at a Shell gas station and another penny at an apartment complex.

The excitement for the day was at the Race Trac in Bradenton where I found two pennies. One of the pennies that I found was a 1918 wheat penny. It was on the floor by the cash register. This is by far the oldest penny that I have found to date.

The elongated penny was also found at the Race Trac, only it was outside by the vacuum cleaners. It had a dolphin on it and the words "Pier 60" and "Clearwater Florida" on it. The elongated penny will be added to my unique finds cup.

Totals for the day: 69 cents
Race Totals: $6.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home