Saturday, March 12, 2005

Friday, March 11, 2005

Today I found $1.25. . . 2 quarters, 3 nickels, 3 dimes, and 30 pennies (the coinage cycle).

This morning on my way to work I decided to swing by some fast food joints and do some drive thru checks. I was quickly rewarded with three cents at Taco Bell, four cents at Poppy’s, two cents at KFC, and four cents at Wendy’s. On the way to work I also had to stop at the post office and I found two cents on the ground, one by the stamp machine and one by the door when exiting. For good measure I stopped at Sonic and found a nickel and three pennies in the parking lot.

I ended up taking a late lunch today and walking across the street to the next building to get it. However, it was a good break. I found a quarter by the vending machines in our building and a dime by the vending machine in the next building. I also found a dime by the lunch counter when I went to pay.

On the way home I stopped at an Exxon and found a nickel. I swung into another Exxon and found three pennies. What I though were my final two stops for the day were at change machines in Kroger and Randalls, local grocery stores. I was rewarded with two pennies and a dime, respectively. The dime was sitting in the basket waiting to drop into the change machine. It took great dexterity to snare it without allowing the drop. I believe he will be much happier in his new home, my change cup.

My day was not over, however. In the evening my friend Robert and I went to an apartment next door to see if we could find some coupons for CVS. There is a brand new one that opened next to us and they have a ton of free stuff that you can get. We each ended up getting about $25 worth of stuff for free. At the apartments next door I found six cents (one nickel & one penny) by their coke machine and at a carwash next to it I found 31 cents (one quarter & six pennies). Overall, an excellent day.

Totals for the day: $1.25
Race Totals: $14.19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home