Monday, March 14, 2005

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Today I found $1.36. . . 1 quarter, 2 nickels, 5 dimes, and 51 pennies (over $1 and the cycle for the third day in a row). I also found a Chucky Cheese token, a token for the Houston MTA, and a bouncy ball. Sadly, the last three do not count towards the days totals.

For the second day in a row there was just too much change to give exact locations for. The majority of it was found while I drove down FM 1960 from Houston, TX to Kingwood, TX. Finds were made in numerous fast food restaurants, gas stations, a dollar store, and two car washes.

I found both tokens at a car wash in Houston. The MTA token is very cool, as it has a star punched out in the center and it is good for one local fare. The bouncy ball was found in a paring lot at a strip center along FM 1960.

I went to the Houston Public Library book sale today. You were permitted to fill an entire grocery bag with books for $10. In addition to the books that I purchased I got a dictionary and a thesaurus. I was delighted, joyous, gleeful, blissful, and pleased. Whenever I see a dictionary I think back to my childhood and my dad. I was a terrible speller and whenever I asked him how to spell a word for a paper he would yell at me to look the word up in a dictionary. To this day I have no idea how to look up a word if you don’t know how to spell it. Funny what sticks with you all those years later.

Totals for the day: $1.36 (a new daily record)
Race Totals: $16.78

2 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
You are doing a great job at hunting coins....do you think you could do this for a living? Have you checked into the change finding industry, I am sure there is a market for CRAZY people like you!! Congrats on you new high total! Was today more rewarding?
Sincerely,
Lunch mate

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Lunch mate:

Humm, living off other people's money. Perhaps you didn't check my profile. I already work for the government. Thank you for your heartfelt congratulations.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home