Saturday, March 12, 2005

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Today I found $1.23. . . 1 quarter, 1 nickel, 7 dimes, and 23 pennies (over $1 and the cycle for the second day in a row–a new personal record). I also found a marble and a pearl looking button. Sadly, the last two do not count towards the days totals.

I wish I had kept better notes for the day. I had multiple stops today as I had to catch up on chores since I have been out of town for a while. My biggest find of the day came at a Taco Bell drive thru where I found one quarter, three dimes, and a penny. Finds in multiple denominations were also made while taking a morning walk, several fast food establishments, local car washes, and downtown Houston. I remember that I also found two dimes when I went to Race Trac to purchase a beverage since it was about 80 degrees in Houston today and I was quite thirsty.

I found the marble at a car wash this morning. It was very cool, having a swirl pattern in the center. The pearl looking button was found at a change machine in Kroger, a local grocery store. Both will be deposited into my not change cup.

Tomorrow the Houston Public Library is holding a book sale where you can fill a bag with books for $10. I need more books like a hole in the head, but something about an entire bag for $10 is appealing to me. Thinking about it I could take my change finds for the past month and get the books for free. But of course this would be out of the question.

Totals for the day: $1.23
Race Totals: $15.42

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home