Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Today I found 62 cents. . .3 dimes and 32 pennies. I also found a 50 cent piece from Mexico. Sadly, the 50 cent piece from Mexico will not be counted towards the days totals.

This morning on my way to work I stopped at the old reliable Kwick Kar Wash and found 11 cents (all pennies) and the Sonic right next to it where I found three pennies. After work I did a fast food run and found 23 cents at McDonalds (two dimes & three pennies) and 10 cents at Burger King (one dime).

In the evening my friend Robert and I went out looking for coupons for CVS. They recently opened a store right next to my apartments and for the past two weeks they have been sending out coupons that offer great savings. For example, today I purchased $43 worth of items for $1.16. Well worth the effort of finding extra coupons that people have thrown out.

While scavenging I stopped by the car wash next to my apartments and found 13 cents (all pennies) and a Mexican 50 cent piece. The Mexican 50 cent piece will be deposited in my not change cup. Stopping for a break we went into a little Mexican store for come tacos. We emerged taco-less, as they had stopped cooking for the day, but I was one penny richer thanks to a find by the door on the way out.

My final penny of the day, and perhaps one of my best finds of this race, came in a trash can where I had looked for discarded coupons. Right on the top, facing me, was a mailing for a survey which stated "a penny for your thoughts" and had a penny glued to the inside. The penny was visible through some clear plastic. How sad that someone would throw away a good penny, but how happy for me to find it.

Totals for the day: 62 cents
Race Totals: $28.46

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home