Thursday, March 17, 2005

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Today I found $1.29. . . 2 quarters, 5 dimes, and 29 pennies (over $1 for the seventh day in a row).

I knew there would not be a lot of time for change searching today, as I had meetings most of the day. On my way to work I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and I found 49 cents (four dimes & nine pennies). One of the pennies was a 1957-D Wheat Penny. I also stopped at Sonic and found eight cents (all pennies).

At lunch, encouraged by several co-workers who wanted to see me in action, I went to a Taco Bell drive-thru and found 13 cents (one dime & three pennies). On my way home I stopped at Boston Market and found 25 cents (one quarter–a Louisiana state quarter), McDonalds where I found 30 cents (one quarter & five pennies), and I found four cents (pennies) in the parking lot at Kroger, a local grocery store.

At lunch my co-worker Carl suggested that I do a study as to how many coins I find face up verses face down, the theory being that based on luck more people would pick up a coin that was heads up verses heads down. My other co-worker, Jennifer, suggested that I find a way to have the government fund that study. Suddenly, I have a new found respect for both.

Tomorrow I join Bailey in Las Vegas for his bachelor party. I’m doubtful that the dollar days will continue, but it still promises to be an eventful weekend. If I can’t post there I will be back Monday.

Totals for the day: $1.29
Race Totals: $22.37

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home