Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday, March 25, 2005

Today I found $1.53. . .2 nickels, 3 dimes, 4 quarters, and 13 pennies (the fabled change cycle).

Work had me in Huntsville, TX again, so on the way back I had a lot of change spots to discriminate between. I stopped at a car wash and found 10 cents (five pennies & one nickel) and a Shell gas station just down the road where I found 35 cents (one quarter & one dime). The quarter was in a pay phone and the dime was on the ground in a parking space by the side of the building.

I stopped Randalls, a local grocery store, and found three cents, one penny veiled under a change sorting machine, and two pennies abandoned in the parking lot. A McDonalds netted me 15 cents (one dime & one nickel). The two coins were at separate drive-up windows of the same McDonalds. At Kroger, another local grocery store, I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) that had been forsaken by their previous owners in different parking spaces.

Feeling happy with my totals I stopped for a late lunch, where I decided to dine at Sonic. Taking note from last nights observations I figured it was time that I gave them some money. I’m glad I did. I found 27 cents (one quarter & two pennies), all in parking spaces that I scrutinized while I waited for my order.

In the evening my friend Robert and I made another CVS run, where I acquired $43 worth of items for free, thanks to the coupons. On the way back to the apartments I stopped at a McDonalds and found one cent. We then went to Kroger, the local grocery store, so Robert could get beer. Jackpot. I found one cent on a coin sorting machine, 25 cents (one quarter) beneath the machine, and 25 cents (one quarter) by the wine section. It was a high-grade way to end the day.

Totals for the day: $1.53
Race Totals: $30.69

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home