Sunday, March 27, 2005

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Today I found 51 cents. . .1 nickel, 1 quarter and 21 pennies.

Coins were scattered across the greater Spring, TX landscape like Easter eggs hidden for children. On a morning drive I found 6 cents (all pennies) at a car wash, 6 cents (all pennies) at a Wendy’s drive-thru, and 6 cents (all pennies) at another car wash. Since it is Easter I didn’t really feel like searching too much more, but it seemed a bit odd to end the day where my three finds were 666.

I proceeded to a Taco Bell/Long John Silver and found 26 cents (one quarter & one penny). Once back at the apartments I found 2 cents in the parking lot by my car. The other day a moving van had parked in that space and I speculate that someone moving out might have dropped the coins while transporting household goods.

In the evening while I took some refuge from Easter dinner (BBQ shrimp and rabbit) to the trash I looked downward found one nickel in a pile of dirt by a bush.

Totals for the day: 51 cents
Race Totals: $31.94

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home