Saturday, March 26, 2005

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Today I found 74 cents. . .1 nickel, 4 dimes, and 29 pennies.

This morning I went to the apartments next door to wash my car. I like to wash my car there because there is a vacuum cleaner that only costs 50 cents to use. Prior to going to the apartments I checked a car wash next to my apartment and found two cents. Preceding the cleaning of my car I checked in and around the car wash area, including the inside of the vacuum cleaner, and found 35 cents (three dimes & five pennies). I had always wondered how much change gets sucked into a vacuum cleaner, and now I have a general idea. I love research.

In the afternoon I met my friend Matt and his son at a local park. On the way back home I stopped at Sonic and found 27 cents (one nickel, one dime, & 12 pennies). Almost all of the change was by the exit and it was clear that it had just been thrown there by someone as they departed. It had been there for a long time, as evidenced by the scratched nature of the coins.

In the evening I stopped by a Randalls, a local grocery store, and found one cent by a change machine. I also found one cent at another Sonic and eight cents (all pennies) at another car wash.

Totals for the day: 74 cents
Race Totals: $31.43

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home