Saturday, April 02, 2005

Saturday, April 2, 2005

Today I found $1.03. . .6 dimes, 1 quarter, and 18 pennies.

Several weeks ago I developed the premise that once the professional baseball season starts my change totals will decline significantly. Last year I attended every home game for the Houston Astros, so this takes a good deal of time. Well, I stand by that prediction, but it might not be so. Baseball started today, in the form of a pre-season game at Minute Maid Park, and my totals were good. My new prediction is that the change I find during the baseball season will pay for my entire season of parking (I do very creative parking) so we shall see about that.

This morning I did some good old change searching at some local fast food establishments. I found seven cents (all pennies) at a Sonic, 40 cents (four dimes) at a KFC, two cents (both pennies) in a Taco Bell parking lot, and 11 cents (one penny & one dime) at an Arby’s. On my way home I stopped at a car wash and found three cents and I went to a Shell gas station and found two cents in the parking lot.

On my way to the ballpark I stopped at Race Trac, a local gas station, for a drink and found one penny in the check out line. After the game, which the Astros lost 3-0, I found one penny in section 124, approximately two rows back from the dugout. On my way home I stopped at What-a-Burger for some dinner and found 37 cents (two pennies, one dime, one quarter) in the drive-thru when I was getting my food.

Totals for the day: $1.03
Race Totals: $34.67

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Just keep telling yourself that Baseball season is going to hurt your change searching. Looks like you did pretty well.
I'll say it on the blog now. You'll get $100 before the end of 2005.

But you HAVE to start typing the name of Whataburger correctly. It's Whataburger not What-a-Burger. Check their website http://www.whataburger.com/
Out

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Time will tell about the $100 before the end of 2005. As always, I believe what I see on the Internet so I acknowledge that the correct spelling is Whataburger, not What-a-Burger. Future posts will reflect this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home