Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Today I found 13 cents. . .all pennies.

What a wonderful way to start the day, change searching at Sonic. However, today was a little different because the manager came out to ask me what I was doing. He told me he had been watching me for several weeks and had thought I was homeless at first since I was picking up change, but then saw me in a suit and tie one day so he began to wonder. He told me he was curious as to what I was doing, and the only way to find out was to ask me. I explained that I collected coins, not a far stretch, and that Sonic had been good to me in the past. I asked his permission to continue and he told me he collected coins as well and it would be ok. Five pennies later I left Sonic.

I also found four cents at a car wash, one cent at a Starbucks drive-thru, one penny at a Shell gas station, one penny at a Taco Bell drive-thru, and one penny by a change sorting machine at Randalls (a local grocery store).

The Astros won their first game of the season today, an afternoon game that was enjoyed by a quite small crowd. I managed to spot Lou Diamond Phillips in the stands, and had him sign a baseball for me (my first celebrity autograph of the season). All in all, a good day.

Totals for the day: 13 cents
Race Totals: $35.60

3 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice on Sonic. But it might be a bit of a stretch to call Lou Diamond Phillips a celebrity.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Obviously you are familiar with the work of Mr. Phillips. Still, it is young in the baseball season so I'm generous with the term.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Very solid. Good to see that this race is making you act like a homeless vagrant.
That is so funny that the Sonic guy noticed you and thought that you were homeless. It might have been due to the Transmonster. Nobody with a job or residence would drive such a pile.
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home