Monday, April 11, 2005

Monday, April 11, 2005

Today I found 77 cents. . .2 nickels, 2 quarters, and 17 pennies.

On my way to work this morning I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and identified six cents (all pennies) that had been lost. As it turns out I had a morning meeting that had been moved up 15 minutes so I was a tad late for it, but six cents richer.

On my way home from work I stopped at Shell for a drink and found three cents on the walkway outside the cashiers booth. I also unearthed one cent in the parking lot of Sterling Bank. I had stopped there to adjust a box in the trunk of my car and as I was getting ready to leave I though I saw a penny in the parking lot. I parked and got out, but it was a false start, nothing more than a piece of gum. I had gotten back into my car and then I saw a real penny, one space over. This time my efforts were rewarded.

My final stop of the evening was the post office where I had to mail some bills, letters, and a package for my friend in Hawaii. I decided to check under the stamp machine and found a penny. Upon closer inspection there was a lot more change. When all was totaled I had retrieved 66 cents (two quarters, two nickels, and six pennies). Had I found one more cent I could have purchased a two ounce stamp. Cool.

My final find of the evening was one penny in the parking lot of my apartments. I found it while I was walking to check my mail. I attribute this find to Daylight Savings, as it would have been dark several weeks ago and I would not have found this penny. Thus, I should offer a special thanks to Benjamin Franklin who first proposed Daylight Savings in 1784 and to the US Congress who passed daylight savings legislation in 1918, and later amended it in the Uniform Time Act of 1966 (15 U.S.C. 260a). Thanks, guys!

Totals for the day: 77 cents
Race Totals: $37.67

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home