Thursday, April 07, 2005

Thursday, April 7, 2005

Today I found 58 cents. . .1 dime, 1 quarter, and 23 pennies.

I have become haggard over the past scattering of days, as change has been hard to come by. I was ready for an easy day, so I stopped by the Kwick Kar Wash and was compensated with 19 cents (all pennies) that were scattered about the ground. At the Sonic next door I spotted one penny, which was added to the morning totals.

On my way home from work I went to the Sonic where I saw the manager yesterday. No manager today, but I did find three cents (all pennies) on the ground in various locations. Two were in parking spaces and one was in the middle of the parking lot.

For a long time I have speculated that the drive-thru at Starbucks would contain a wealth of lost change. First, a cup of coffee costs about $10 there so there is a lot of money exchanging hands. Second, those places are always busy. Well, today I saw a Starbucks that wasn’t busy so I paid a visit. There greeting me, like a long lost friend, was 25 cents (one quarter). I was pleased.

My final find of the day was 10 cents (one dime) which I spotted while walking to go check my mail. It was a bicentennial dime, which made me think that it hardly seems fair that quarters got special treatment in that year but the dime did not. Nevertheless, the dime is special to me so that’s all that matters.

Totals for the day: 58 cents
Race Totals: $36.18

2 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Three whole cents in pennies, is there any other way?

If so please advise how you have managed to manipulate the currency of the United States.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Good point Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous. However, it could have been a two pence piece, which might or might not be legal tender.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home