Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Today I found 82 cents. . .2 nickels, 4 dimes, and 32 pennies. I also found a Mexican 20 cent piece and a polished piece of rose quartz. Sadly, the Mexican coin and the rose quartz do not count towards the daily total’s.

I met my friend Susan this afternoon for lunch and afterward she graciously agreed to do some change searching with me. Susan is a natural change finder, and I’m convinced that if she were to get into this race, even so far in, she might give Bailey an myself a run for our money.

While searching for change we stopped at a car wash and I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies). A Taco Bell drive-thru and a Shipley’s doughnut drive-thru each contributed a penny to the daily total’s. At Sonic I found 13 cents (one nickel & eight pennies). Five of the pennies were stuck in a crack in the parking lot and had to be forcibly removed with my car key. Two other car washes each yielded rewards in the form of five cents (all pennies) and 13 cents (one dime & three pennies). Single pennies were also found in the parking lot at Randalls, a local grocery store, and on the sidewalk outside of a Mexican restaurant.

Later in the afternoon I returned to CVS to use some more coupons. While out I found a single penny in an apartment complex next to Bailey’s residence; 28 cents (two dimes & eight pennies) at a Starbucks drive-thru in The Woodlands; five cents (a nickel) on the floor at Kroger, a local grocery store; and one cent in the parking lot of my apartment complex.

Both the Mexican 20 cent piece and the piece of rose quartz were found at a local car wash. The Mexican coin was on the ground by the front vacuum cleaners and the rose quartz was on the ground in the back. Both new found items have been deposited into my Not Change Cup, which currently holds all types of treasures that I have discovered while searching for change.

Totals for the day: 82 cents
Race Totals: $40.60

3 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ayone ever ask you what the heck you are doing?

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Susan:
So true, you deserve better. I'll try to make it up to you in a later post.

Mr. French Fry (ETW):
See April 6, 2005. Besides that I have gotten a few questons, but very rarely. It's kind of shocking that more people don't ask, but they don't. BTW, I do like the caption on the picture. Very solid.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol thanks if you like you canm drop the ETW and the aka mr fench fry is perceftly *hopes u watch the simpsons*
cromulent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home