Saturday, April 16, 2005

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Today I found 71 cents. . .1 nickel, 3 dimes, 1 quarter, and 11 pennies (the fabled change cycle).

I flew out of Baltimore at 7:30am and touched down in Houston, TX at approximately 9:30am local time. B.W.I. continues to hold the distinction of being the worst airport in the world, security wise, in my book. Their idea of making sure you don’t get injured on a plane is to make security lines so long you miss your flight. Brilliant.

Back in Houston I drove home but stopped at a Taco Bell drive-thru and was greeted by seven misplaced pennies. An Exxon gas station afforded me the opportunity to add an additional three cents to my daily totals. Lunch was had at Boston Market this afternoon, and before I went in I checked the drive-thru and found five cents (one nickel) on the ground.

In the evening I ventured up to Bailey’s neck of the woods to redeem some CVS coupons that he had told me about. I got about $35 worth of items for .26 cents. Not bad, since on the way up I stopped at an Arby’s drive-thru and found 20 cents (two dimes) and I found 36 cents at the CVS (one quarter, one dime, & one penny). The quarter and the dime were on the ground by the customer side of the cash register and the penny was in an isle of the store.

Totals for the day: 71 cents
Race Totals: $39.78

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home