Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Today I found 71 cents . . . 1 dime, 2 quarters, and 11 pennies.

I was sure today was going to be the day my streak of 10 cent finds came to an end. I had no car and was relying on the metro to get me around Washington, DC today. As it turned out, this was a great benefit. First thing this morning I found two cents at the Silver Spring metro stop. One penny was outside by a newspaper box and the other was inside by the card machine. Arriving at Union Station to meet a friend I found another two cents by the card machine. Inside the station at the food court I found a dime by a pretzel stand and a quarter in the coin return of a vending machine.

While walking around DC with my friend I spied a penny on the ground on the sidewalk and two cents in dirt by some parking meters. Unlike Jennifer this friend, Bev, supports my change finding efforts and was very excited with each find that was made.

After the Washington Nationals baseball game I found 29 cents in the stadium (one quarter & four pennies) as I was leaving. The Nationals won their home opener, and Livan Hernandez had a one hitter going into the 8th inning. Notable autographs for the day that I managed to obtain were Mark Grace, Shawn Green, Jim Lemon (old Washington Senator’s player), and Jack Kemp (former football quarterback and vice-presidential candidate).

Totals for the day: 71 cents
Race Totals: $38.87

6 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you're kicking his ass! Good luck! I'll be bookmarking you two.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like Jennifer has more important things to do then support your crazy ideas. I found a nickle on a roof and thought of you.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Justin: The love and the bookmark are greatly appreciated.

Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous: Jennifer is a smart girl, but so is Bev. I guess different people appreciate different things. Thanks for thinking of me when you found your nickel (I think).

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are sooo bailey
but I found baily first I feel some loyalty to him, but you have the calvin icon major points, plus your winning.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr. French Fry (AKA ethan):

Come on, back a winner. Bailey is a sinking ship. However, we both generally have nothing to say on a daily basis, so it makes for fun reading.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol I'l have to think on that one.
oh BTW have you read the caption on the pic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home