Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday, April 29, 2005

Today I found 38 cents . . . 1 nickel, 1 quarter, and 8 pennies.

I didn’t have to work today so I decided to take a short drive, park my car, and walk to the post office for stamps. I walked down Louetta Road and found one penny by the side of the road. As there were an appalling lack of sidewalks I had to walk through some parking lots and I found four cents at various locations. Six cents (one nickel & one penny) greeted me at a Shipley’s doughnut drive-thru. Crossing the street after searching a car wash I spied a quarter on the ground. I retrieved it and managed to avoid the oncoming traffic. Driving home from the Astros game I stopped at Cheveron and found two cents, one in the parking lot and one inside the gas station convenience store.

Today the Astros squared off against the Chicago Cubs. It was a great pitching match up: Roger Clemens vs. Greg Maddux. It was only the fifth time since 1900 that two 300 game winners faced each other. The game was one by Mr. Maddux and the Cubs, 3-2. On the autograph front I managed to get 15 Cubs to sign a team ball that I started. Notable autographs included Derek Lee, Todd Hollandsworth, LaTroy Hawkins, Ben Grieve, and Joe Borowski.

Tomorrow I am already planning for a big autograph day, but my target is not a current baseball player. This, as they would say on TV, is a tease. Tune in tomorrow for my report.

Totals for the day: 38 cents
Race Totals: $47.73

5 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I'll ignore some of the typos herein (ha ha) to just say that you got to a pretty neat game. Did you find any stubs? I also went to a historic Maddux game, many moons ago, against his brother in Philadelphia. I don't know if there have been any other brother-brother matchups in MLB history, but I thought it was neat at the time. I might even still have the ticket stub somewhere...

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

I know that Maddux has WON over 300 games, but after reading your post, I think that last night might be the first time that he's ONE a game before!
Amazing!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:
Perhaps I started something that I can't finish by pointing out a typo. I'm not a good speller. I surrender. I'm not sure about a brother-brother match up, but I have a baseball autographed by two brothers, one who is a pitcher and the other who is a MLB umpire. Do you know who? A hint would be that you should.

Bailey:
Won, one. Whatever. It was a good game.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was just kidding... I'm glad you pointed out the typo. I'll be more careful to run the spell-check in the future. (Sidenote: I came in second place in a spelling bee in second grade.)

All I have to say about your challenge is that I'm a card-carrying member of the Wolf Pack!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

I would have been sad if you had not know. Jim & Randy Wolf are the correct answer. To your earlier question, I did indeed pick up some ticket stubs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home