Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday, April 25, 2005

Today I found $1.34. 3 dimes, 3 quarters, and 29 pennies.

It was a gray day in Houston, TX and I hoped that would not set the tone for my change searching. Obviously, it did not. I stopped at a car wash that I had been frequenting quite a bit and found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies). I always like finding a dime early because that way I don’t have to worry about breaking 10 cents for the day. I stopped at another car wash located at FM 1960 & 290 and found 19 cents (one dime & nine pennies). I have found that the best time to find change at car washes is Sunday night / Monday morning, as there are more people who use car washes on the weekend. More people equals the possibility of more lost change.

On my way home from Hempstead, TX, where I spent the day working, I stopped at a gas station by 290 & FM 2920 and found four cents. Two cents were in the parking lot and two cents were inside at the base of the counter. My monster find of the day came at Sonic where I found 74 cents (one dime, two quarters, & 14 pennies). The silver was spread out but the pennies were all by the exit, obviously discarded by a customer who did not want pennies. I have found lots of pennies by the same exit once before, so I’m guessing it is a frequent customer, or multiple customers that discard pennies at this location. In the evening I found 25 cents (one quarter) by the base of our apartment complex washing machines.

Totals for the day: $1.34
Race Totals: $43.97

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

I have responsed to your Brian blast on my post.

Just remember who set up your blogging world. Don't get to big for your britches, or I might have to play some "code" games. See how you like me taking out your links, picture and counter!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Sylvana said...

This is a very unique idea for a blog. I like interesting ideas.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Bailey:
It's all fun and games until "code games" gets thrown out there.

bedeviled:
It's a race to $100. Thus, I do go around looking for change, but sometimes it comes to me.

mra/sylvana:
Thank you for your kind comments. Check out Bailey's link as I'm racing against him. Hope you check back in on the race and please feel free to comment. Thanks again.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home