Thursday, April 28, 2005

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Today I found 62 cents . . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 12 pennies (the change cycle for the second time in a week).

I had to take several co-workers to Hempstead, TX this morning and none were very keen on change searching. Thus, to ensure that my coffers were filled I had to get an early start. Prior to meeting with my co-workers I stopped at a car wash and found 10 cents (one dime) and a Taco Bell drive-thru next door where I found six cents (one nickel & one penny). I also found four cents at a Chinese restaurant drive-thru, marking the first time I have ever found change there.

In the afternoon business took me to the Harris County Sheriff’s Office and on the way out I found one cent under a vending machine. I had just returned to my feet when a well known judge who I knew walked by and greeted me. Not sure if he would understand the race I’m glad I was standing.

In the late hours of the afternoon I went to Sonic with John, my retired co-worker, for ice cream. I searched for change three times; once before ordering, once while waiting for our order, and once after we had finished eating. I found a total of 41 cents (one quarter, one dime, & six pennies).

Totals for the day: 62 cents
Race Totals: $47.33

2 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you are done what are the plans for the haul? Think of all of the time you will have if you are not change searching? Try a laundry, people need quarters but drop other change out of pockets etc...

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr/Mrs Anonymous:

Plans for the haul are yet to be determined, but is something that Bailey and I have discussed. I'm thinking it will go to some chairity, but which one I'm not sure. However, I'll probably keep searching past $100 because it has become somewhat addictive.

Laundry facilities have brought me success in the past. Most recently April 25, but a good deal of them in late February / early April. Thanks for the interest.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home