Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Today I found 45 cents . . .1 dime, 1 quarter and 10 pennies.

This morning on my way to the office I went to the Sonic where several weeks back I had spoken to the manager in the parking lot. For those of you not familiar with this conversation the manager had come out and asked what I was doing. As a cover story I told him I was collecting pennies for my coin collection. Today I found six cents there (all pennies). As I was leaving the manager came out again and told me he had been looking for me. I hadn’t been there in about two weeks. He showed me a penny, a 1971 model, that appeared to be made of steel. He asked my “professional” opinion on the penny, as I was an avid collector. I believe the penny was just coated with zinc, but I told him I would research the issue and get back with him. It’s nice to be someone’s expert on something.

I also made single penny finds at a KFC, a car wash, a Taco Bell drive-thru, and another car wash. My big find of the day was outside Minute Maid ballpark, where the Astros lost in miserable style, to the Pittsburgh Pirates. I found a quarter on the sidewalk and a short distance later I found a dime. I was walking with Bailey so I was happy to find both before his change radar went off and he laid claim to the silver.

On the autograph front I managed to get only three today, but one was the real Daryle Ward. I say real because several nights ago a guy who was a dead ringer for Ward walked out of the ballpark. I asked him to sign my baseball but he told me he was not Ward. I thought he was just joking, as I know what Ward looks like and this was him. I told him to just go ahead and sign Daryle Ward, which he did. Long story short, it was not him. Today when I got Mr. Ward I told him the story, which gave him a chuckle. He accommodated my request and signed over the fake Daryle.

NOTE: Addition error had today as a palendrome. However, a system audit showed that I was off by two cents, so the error has been corrected.

Totals for the day: 45 cents
Race Totals: $50.03 (I, palindrome, I)

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

81 days in and you are halfway to the goal! At this rate (Which I know, Won't keep up - whatever) you are going to get your $100 by July 21 - My Birthday!

Congrats on the Palindrome!
Do geese see God
Evil olive
God saw I was dog
Lived on Decaf, faced no Devil
Murder for a jar of red rum
No "x" in Nixon?
Too hot to hoot
Was it a bar or a bat I saw?
Butt-roped, I deport tub
Damn! I, Agassi, miss again! Mad!



I would like to thank www.palindromes.org/ & www.palindromelist.com/

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

If you knew all of those palindromes on your own I would have been very impressed. I'm still a long way off of the $100, but the pace is very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home