Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Tuesday, May 3, 2005

Today I found 42 cents . . .1 quarter and 17 pennies.

On my way to an appointment this morning I pulled into the Kwick Kar Wash just in time to see a homeless man finish scavenging for change. Not to be outdone I started looking right behind him, giving him first crack at the precious coinage. He wasn’t as good at change searching as I was because I found 27 cents (one quarter & two pennies). The Sonic next door, which I assume he did not check, gave me five cents (all pennies).

On the way to the ballpark this afternoon I stopped at two different car washes, both of which I had not ever checked before. Both were located in Pearland, TX and they both contributed to the Race of the Century totals. The first gave me two cents and the second gave me eight cents (all pennies). Five of the eight cents were located in the dirt behind the washing area, so it was my good vision and strategic knowledge of coin placement that allowed me to find them.

The Astros lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates this evening by a final of 7-4. On the bright side my autograph efforts were rewarded with nine signatures from Pirate players. Notable autographs for the day included Josh Fogg, David Ross, Craig Wilson, and Oliver Perez.

Totals for the day: 42 cents
Race Totals: $49.58

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking that your hands get gross, do you use anything to clean up, as you are picking these things up?

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr/Mrs Anonymous:

I do my best to clean up after any change searching efforts. That said, money on the ground or money from a store is always dirty. Thanks for your interest and concern.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home