Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Today I found $1.36 . . .2 nickels, 3 dimes, 3 quarters and 21 pennies (the delusory coin cycle).

I found myself tossing and turning all night so I finally decided that if I couldn’t sleep I might as well be productive. I took a little walk up the road and decided to do some drive-thru checks. It was 3:00am. My first stop was Boston Market where I found seven cents (one nickel & two pennies). That was quickly followed by KFC where I acquired 19 cents (one nickel, one dime, and four pennies), Burger King where I found a penny, and Starbucks where I found 44 cents (one dime, one quarter, and nine pennies).

In the evening my friend Robert and I decided to go to Ci-Ci’s, a very cheep pizza place. It’s $3.99 for the pizza buffet, but several hours from now I know I’ll be hurting. I know Bailey has some thoughts on Ci-Ci’s, and perhaps he will bless us by sharing them. Just as a warning, he likes the place, but the end results are not good. Anyhow, I digress.

I took a walk around the parking lot before I went in and found 50 cents in a payphone (two quarters). Single pennies were found in a drive-thru at Poppy’s, on a sidewalk by Ci-Ci’s, and in the parking lot. My final find of the day was 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) at Kroger, a local grocery store. I spied the first penny on the ground by the self-checkout line. An attractive woman was standing there so I waited for her to leave before retrieving the Lincoln. She was immediately replaced by an ugly guy, so inward I moved. Bending down to pick up the penny I spied a dime by his foot. I had to ask him to move, which he graciously did, so I could pick up the dime. The final penny was on top of a change counting machine.

Totals for the day: $1.36
Race Totals: $57.87

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Chris summed up Ci-Ci's best by saying that the food was good but the end results are not good.

I would say this. Ci-Ci's is SOLID, but the end result is NOT!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Your comments summed up my night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home