Saturday, May 07, 2005

Saturday, May 7, 2005

Today I found $1.31 . . .3 nickels, 9 dimes, and 26 pennies.

I didn’t get out and about today until around 4:00pm, so I figured I would find a few cents and call it a day. I had some errands to complete, but my first stop was the drive-thru of a Shipley’s donuts where I found 10 cents (one dime). There was a Taco Bell next door where I managed to find 11 cents (one dime & one penny) in the parking lot. Two Sonics; one in Spring, TX and one in Tomball, TX contributed a total of 16 cents (one dime & six pennies). At the post office, where the stamp machine was again broken, I found two cents on the ground by a counter.

During the course of the day I wanted to go check out a baseball book from the library. However, the only copy was in Tomball, not my local library. No worries, I got in the car and drove there. The library was poorly marked and was closed by the time I got there. I was angry. My consolation prize, however, more than made up for it. I found 92 cents (three nickels, six dimes, & 17 pennies) at a carwash in town. Two pennies were on the ground and the remaining 90 cents was inside a vacuum cleaner. Like yesterday there were no locks on the vacuum cleaner and the change was quickly welcomed to my growing collection.

Totals for the day: $1.31
Race Totals: $54.02

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home