Thursday, May 12, 2005

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Today I found 16 cents . . .1 dime, and 6 pennies.

Driving down the road this morning I came to a stoplight by FM 1960 and I spied 11 cents in the road (one dime & one penny). As the light was red I retrieved the change with little fanfare. Driving through Pearland, TX this morning I spied another penny in the road, but this time there was no red light. I made a mental note and several hours I returned to the scene, parked at a gas station, and retrieved the penny that was still there. About two weeks ago I had seen a quarter in the same spot and returned later only to find it was gone. I was happy the results were more favorable this go around.

On my way to the ballpark I checked a small car wash and found two cents. After the baseball game I found two cents on the sidewalk by the Diamond Club parking lot. I stayed late at the game attempting to assist several co-workers in obtaining Jeff Bagwell’s autograph. While we waited Lesley, a friend of my co-worker Jennifer, regaled us with an amusing antidote regarding Mr. Bagwell. Apparently, several years back she ran into Mr. Bagwell in the parking lot of an Outback Steak House. She did not realize it was Mr. Bagwell and she asked him to take a picture (of her and her friends). Mr. Bagwell, assuming she wanted his picture, began to pose with her. She had to explain to him that she actually wanted him to take their picture. Later, when she realized who he was, a good chuckle was had by all.

I witnessed the Houston Astros lose in miserable style this evening. Right now they are truly a terrible baseball team. Things were not much better on the autograph front, as I managed only seven San Francisco Giant’s autographs. Notable autographs for the day included Moises Alou, Ray Durham and Lance Nikro. I also obtained the autograph of Julio Cesar Chavez, famed Mexican boxer (he threw out the first pitch before the game).

Totals for the day: 16 cents
Race Totals: $59.20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home