Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Today I found 59 cents . . .2 nickels, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 14 pennies (the stellar change cycle).

Several days ago I found out that Astros second baseman Craig Biggio would be signing at a local car dealership. I still need Mr. Biggio on my team picture and he is always very hard to get. I decided to pay him a visit at the dealership, but first some change had to be found. On the way down I checked a small car wash and found one penny. I would need to do better than that. Sonic gave me four cents and a nearby Shell gas station provided an additional six cents (all pennies). All of the Shell gas station pennies were found by a vacuum cleaner.

After getting Mr. Biggio to sign my picture, and a rare occasion it was because he smiled and actually talked to me, I went to the ballpark. While waiting for Bailey I checked the ground around some parking meters and found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies). After the game I checked the ground for some ticket stubs and found 25 cents (one quarter). It was on the ground by a torn up ticket in Section 118, directly behind home plate. My final find of the day was 11 cents (one penny & two nickels) at a Whataburger drive-thru where I stopped for a late dinner.

I have already gotten most of the San Francisco Giants to sign my ball, so there were not many left today. I did manage to obtain two signatures, Al Levine and Brent Tomko. Tomorrow should be a slow autograph day as there are so few that I need, but I always welcome a challenge.

Totals for the day: 59 cents
Race Totals: $60.12

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

please explain the change cycle

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Ah, the Change Cycle is one of the most wonderful events in all of change searching. It involves finding at least one coin of the majors in circlulation. For example, to get the change cycle a person must find a penny, nickel, dime, and quarter. It's usually hard to do because it involves 1) finding at least 41 cents and 2) finding a nickel, which is not easy to do.

Chris

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ah cool...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home