Saturday, May 21, 2005

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Today I found 32 cents . . .3 nickel and 17 pennies. I also found a smushed pin that had the flags of Texas and Alberta, Canad on it and a smushed button to a pair of jeans. Sadly, the smushed items will not count towards the daily totals.

This afternoon my co-worker Stefany and I decided to attend a local gun show to look around and see all the things that make bang noises. On the way there I swung into Sonic and found six cents (one nickel & one penny). I should note at this point that Stefany is not the type of person that takes to new experiences well. She is embarrassed when people use coupons for lunch, so change searching took a toll on her, to say the least.

Notwithstanding Stefany’s objections I searched a local car wash and found three cents. I parked in a bank parking lot and when I opened my car I found one penny. Right next door was a Starbucks drive-thru, where I claimed 10 cents (one nickel & one penny). According to Stefany, who claims this is a true account, when I was stooped down by the window the clerk opened the window and gave her a strange look. He did not see me, but he did see her sitting in the parking lot. I’m not sure if I trust Stefany’s version of this story, but it is noted for the sake of presenting possible facts.

After parking for the gun show I found a penny in the road and another penny that had been flattened by the light rail track. The road penny gives Bailey a run for his money in terms of being quite destroyed. Heading home I stopped at a final car wash and found 10 cents (one nickel & five pennies). I had just found the five pennies and was driving away when the nickel caught my attention. I stopped the car and claimed it.

The smushed button from a pair of jeans and the smushed pin were both found in the parking lot of the Reliant Center in Houston, TX. Although they do not count towards the daily totals both will be added to my “Not Change Cup,” holding numerous artifacts and rarities that have been discovered in the search for change.

Totals for the day: 32 cents
Race Totals: $62.75

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home