Thursday, May 19, 2005

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Today I found 66 cents . . .2 quarters and 16 pennies.

It was another day of work in the office for me today so prior to arriving at work I decided to do some serious change searching. I checked the Kwick Kar Wash and found five cents (all pennies) and the Sonic next door where I found three cents. This was certainly not enough so I pulled into a Chevron gas station and found four cents on the ground by some gas pumps. At this particular Cheveron there is a McDonalds so I took a stroll through the drive-thru and found 28 cents (one quarter & three pennies).

At the ballpark this afternoon I found one penny by the visitor’s dugout. I’m not sure how it got there since I was one of the first people down to that section and it was already there. Perhaps it was dropped by an usher prior to the gates opening. After the game I searched for ticket stubs and found 25 cents (one quarter) in section 110, which is located down the third base line.

The Astros, following their normal routine, lost this evening. I won’t bother with the details of the game, but they had five errors and Roger Clemens gave up three runs in the first inning. I didn’t need many autographs so the selection of players to ask was small. I managed only three signatures; Kerry Lightenberg, Greg Aquino, and Arizona Diamondback’s coach Brett Butler. Mr. Butler signed a single ball for me and put a smiley face next to his signature. At least one person was happy at the ballpark this evening.

Totals for the day: 66 cents
Race Totals: $62.16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home