Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Today I found 69 cents. . .1 dime, 1 quarter, 3 nickels, and 19 pennies (the memorizing change cycle). I also found pennies from Great Britain and the Cayman Islands. Sadly, the foreign pennies do not count towards the daily totals.

Today was an office day, and to make matters worse it was a day where I had to attend a meeting. Government meetings basically all go the same; lots of people have nothing to say and they take a lot of time doing it. The fact that I survived with some semblance of sanity speaks highly of my coping skills. I didn’t have a lot of time in the morning to change search, but I did find single pennies in the road on the way to work (at a stoplight that was red) and at a drive-thru for McDonalds.

It was after 5:30pm when I left work and I was only sitting on two cents for the day. Was this the day that I would not break 10 cents? Not likely. Needing some change I went to reliable Sonic, where after an intensive search I found nine cents (one nickel & four pennies). Next door was the Kwick Kar Wash where I discovered seven cents (all pennies) scattered about the ground.

Later in the evening I had to go to the post office and on the way I checked a McDonalds drive-thru and found 38 cents (one quarter, one dime, and three pennies). I also went to Randalls, a local grocery store, to use the bank that is always open late. Sadly, the bank was not open. Happily, the change sorting machine had some goodies for me. In the return slot, and on the floor, I found 13 cents (two nickels & three pennies).

The change sorting machine is also where I found the pennies from Great Britain and the Cayman Islands. The British penny is slightly larger than a US penny, and the Cayman Island penny is slightly smaller. The foreign pennies will be added to my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of the plethora of things rated “not change” (the US kind) that have been found during the last 101 days.

Totals for the day: 69 cents
Race Totals: $64.95

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home