Saturday, May 28, 2005

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Today I found 75 cents. . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, 1 quarter, and 15 pennies (the exalted change cycle).

I had a string of single penny finds to start the day. I found the copper Lincoln in my apartment parking lot, a McDonalds drive-thru, by a water fountain at Kroger, at a Jack-in-the-Box drive-thru, and in an Arby’s parking lot. Mailing out a package I found five cents (one nickel) in the stamp machine change return slot at the local post office. I also swung into a local car wash and found eight cents (eight pennies) scattered about on the ground. I keep forgetting to keep track of how many pennies I find heads up vs. heads down, but I’m sure I’ll remember at one point to do this and I will report the results.

In the afternoon I went downtown to meet with Bailey for lunch. While waiting for Bailey to arrive I found 10 cents (one dime) by a parking meter. After lunch I checked a few more parking meters and I found 25 cents (one very dirty quarter).

Driving home from lunch I stopped at a Sonic on FM 1960 and found 22 cents (two dimes & two pennies). Earlier today Bailey tried to talk his way into receiving a 99 cent ice cream sunday to Sonic without actually having the coupon required for this special. His request was denied, so felt good that I was able to take back a little something from Sonic. I mean come on, who would deny a man a 99 cent ice cream sunday on such a beautiful day?

Finally, Happy Birthday to my friend Patti in New Jersey! Patti and I once faked a marriage to get a discount on a cruise we took together. Any chick that can pull off a fake marriage with me for a week is very cool. I was just happy she didn't want a fake divorce and real alimony by the end of the week.

Totals for the day: 75 cents
Race Totals: $68.22

3 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

I have always liked the idea of keeping track of pennies heads up or heads down. I keep on forgetting to keep track also.

We should discuss coins that should be counted in the head/tails debate. Coins in the drive-thru probably don't count, because people who pick them up aren't worried about head/tails.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, I have though about this way too much, and this is probably why I never started. You have to consider pure finds vs. out of the way finds, and then things like car washes that are not pure finds but finds that the average person could make. It's complicated.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Yea.
Sounds like something we need to go to Hooters for and work out. Because I really like the idea also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home