Friday, May 27, 2005

Friday, May 27, 2005

Today I found $20.72. . .2 nickels, 2 dimes, 1 quarter, 17 pennies, and a $20 bill (the stellar change cycle). Sadly, the $20 bill is not change and therefore does not count towards the daily totals. Thus, the daily totals for today will really reflect a find of 72 cents.

I did not begin my change searching until after work. Driving to lunch I had seen a Sonic that I had never checked before, but my two co-workers, already miffed with my choice of BBQ for lunch, would have none of it. After work I drove right back to the Sonic, but first I stopped at a Chick-Fil-A that was right next door. At the Chick-Fil-A I found three cents in the parking lot. Once at the Sonic I promptly spotted the $20 bill on the ground in an unattended parking space along the front of the store. There were no cars within three spaces of the bill, and I can only speculate that someone opened their car door to order their food on the patio and the bill dropped to the ground. Sad for them, but happy for me. I also found 11 cents at the Sonic (one nickel & six pennies).

Continuing home I stopped at the King Suds Car Wash in Tomball, TX and found three cents by a change machine. There were multiple signs pointing to the machine that simply read “Change,” so I thought it appropriate that I should find change at that location.

I went to Kroger, a local grocery store, and as I was walking in a woman was bending down to pick up some change. She looked at me, smiled, and said, “seven cents.” I was distraught, but my sadness would not last long as I found 10 cents (one dime) on the top of a change machine. I wanted to find the woman and apprise her of my find, but she was gone by the time I made it back to the door.

For kicks I decided to stop at another Kroger along the way home and I found 42 cents (one quarter, one nickel, one dime, and two pennies). The nickel was on the ground in the self-checkout line and the rest of the change, save one penny, had fallen on the ground by the change sorting machine. The aforementioned penny that was not on the ground was located in the change return slot of the same machine.

In the evening I went down the street to Cheveron to purchase a drink. It was a nice evening so I walked there. Exiting the store with my blue flavored Gatoraid I spotted and retrieved three pennies that were all resting against the side of the building.

I would like to note that had Bailey and I decided to count dollar bills this change race would officially be over today, as I have found two $20 bills in the past two weeks. However, as Bailey noted when I apprised him of this, “We don’t.” Obviously, this was the agreed upon terms so I only mention this as a point of interest.

Totals for the day: 72 cents
Race Totals: $67.47

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Nice use of the word obviously. Now you need to mix in a "save" here and there.

You also need to stop finding $20 bills.

But since you are $40 richer, lunch is on you tomorrow!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Chris said...

My poor Bailey. Go back and re read the blog. Obviously AND save are both used, just for you. As it is obvious you didn't notice that I will save my money and not buy your lunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home