Monday, May 30, 2005

Monday, May 30, 2005

Today I found 66 cents. . . 1 nickel, 4 dimes, and 21 pennies.

Today was my last day of walking my neighbor’s dog, and it was a profitable one. I walked him over to the car wash station located in the apartments next door and I found 34 cents (one nickel, two dimes, and nine pennies). It was clear that 12 of those cents were new deposits, as they were located on the cement and had not been there for a long time. However, the remaining change was found in the grass and it had been there for quite some time. I’m a bit disappointed in myself for missing it the last time I checked there, which was earlier in the week.

Later in the day Bailey, my friend Tara, and I attended the Astros game against the Cincinnati Reds. Roger Clemens was on the mound for the Astros and pitched well. However, after he left the Astros gave up seven runs in the 8th inning and lost the game 9-0. While searching for some season ticket stubs I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). The penny was in the club level and the dime was on the field level on the third base side.

Driving home with Tara I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 16 cents (one dime & six pennies). At the Sonic next door I found five cents (all pennies).

The Astros had little league day at the ballpark, which I always dread. It’s great for the kids who get to parade around the field so it is worthwhile, but it creates an environment were there are a lot of rookie fans saying and doing stupid things. Further, the more paying customers that attend mean less good seats for people like me. Finally, it means there is no batting practice, which is when I get my autographs. Notwithstanding the difficulties I still managed one Reds autograph, but the player was so unknowable that his name will go unmentioned.

Totals for the day: 66 cents
Race Totals: $69.22

4 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

So you go on my blog and give me "Rocket" smack, yet you refer to him and Roger Clemens on yours?

Your better than that!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Man, you called me out and you are right. I hang my head in shame!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Maybe tomorrow the drive-thrus will treat you the same as the Astros treat "The Rocket".
They give him no run support maybe the drive-thrus will give you no coin support.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Drive-thrus did let me down on Tuesday, but the reliable Kwick Kar Wash came through like never before. I'm like the Rocket with the run support afforded to former Astro Jeromy Robertson. I have great stuff and killer bats behind me.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home