Thursday, June 02, 2005

Thursday, June 2, 2005

Today I found 55 cents. . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 5 pennies (the fantabulous change cycle).

Today is a sad day in my world. My beloved car, nicknamed “The Transmonster,” which is short for Transmission Monster (it has already eaten five transmissions, all under warrantee) is on it’s last legs. My mechanic, an honest and reliable guy, told me that he could fix it but recommended that I just buy a new car instead. Thus, my new car search begins.

Because my car was at the mechanics all day I had to get a ride to work with some co-workers. Today was very busy and I didn’t have a chance to change search until after work. However, I made up for it in a jiff in the evening. I found three cents at a local car wash and at another car wash I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies).

I really didn’t want to have to drive my car too much, so I decided that I would allow myself only one more stop and that was at Kroger, a local grocery store. Walking in I found 15 cents (one dime & one nickel) in vending machines. The dime was in a coke machine and the nickel was in a bottled water machine. Leaving the store I spotted a quarter by a trash can. The quarter is the state quarter for North Carolina, state motto: “First in Flight.”

Totals for the day: 55 cents
Race Totals: $71.83

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home