Saturday, June 04, 2005

Saturday, June 4, 2005

Today I found 59 cents. . . 2 dimes & 39 pennies. I also found a token with no cash value. Sadly, the token with no cash value does not count towards the daily totals.

I had an appointment for work this morning, despite my lack of enthusiasm for work on the weekends. However, on my way home I stopped at a car wash by my apartment and found 19 cents (one dime & nine pennies). On my way to the ballpark I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash (I also stopped there on the way home, so my documented finds are for both trips) and I found 26 cents (one dime & 16 pennies). A homeless man, who I had seen there before, saw me picking up pennies and told me that the other day he had found 50 cents in pennies. I’m a bit sad that he is cutting into my profits, but I’m glad that he shares my love of finding change. I think we bonded.

At the ballpark I found one penny by a parking meter as I walked to the game. On my way home I stopped at Sonic and found two cents and the Halmark Car Wash were I found nine cents (all pennies). It was at the Hallmark Car Wash that I found the aforementioned token. It has the words “No Cash Value” on one side and the picture of a somewhat scary clown on the other. As loyal readers know by now the token will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup.” I also found two cents at the drive-thru window of a Taco Bell.

The slumping Astros offense managed nine runs today, but still managed to lose to the St. Louis Cardinals, 11-9. They also sent down one of my favorite players, our backup catcher Raul “Beef” Chavez. I nicknamed Beef because he is a rather large guy, but he was always friendly with me and even found me at Spring Training and asked to sign my team ball. I ate a large hamburger this afternoon in memory of Beef. On the autograph front I only managed two signatures, nothing very impressive.

Totals for the day: 59 cents
Race Totals: $72.76

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris: Was in the ACE Hardware in Cypress and saw lots of change and thought of you. Hareware stores might be a hot spot.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous:

Thanks for the hot tip. If I had a few more hot spots on Sunday I might have broken the $3 mark!

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home