Friday, June 03, 2005

Friday, June 3, 2005

Today I found 34 cents. . . 3 dimes & 4 pennies. I also found a bluish ring with animals on it. Sadly, the bluish ring with animals on it does not count towards the daily totals.

I was up at 4:00am this morning, but it had nothing to do with change searching. I had to drive my friend Tara downtown where she was meeting friends to leave on a vacation to Mexico. I have been granted use of Tara’s car for the next week, so it was worth the early alarm. Sadly, as I when I returned home I realized that Tara had accidently removed my backpack, containing my baseball necessities (tickets to upcoming games, baseballs, baseball glove, etc.) from the car and had it with her. I had to return to retrieve the backpack, all of this being completed before 6:30am.

On the way back from retrieving my backpack I stopped at a post office and found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) under a stamp machine. On my way back to the office from an appointment downtown (marking the third time I had been downtown today) I stopped at a Burger King drive-thru and found 11 cents (also one dime & one penny). Driving home from the Astros game (my fourth time downtown today) I checked in at the Hallmark Car Wash and found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies).

It was at the ballpark after the game that I found the ring. It is metal, but has been painted blue and there are various types of jungle animals on it. The ring will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup” keeper of all things not change. Also at the ballpark this evening I obtained 10 St. Louis Cardinal autographs. Many of the autographs were notable, among them Ray King, Julian Tavarez, David Eckstein, Roger Cedeno, and Albert Pujols.

Mr. Pujols exited the ballpark almost an hour after the game and seeing the autograph seekers commented, “come on guys, you know I only sign inside.” However, I am familiar with Mr. Pujols’ signing habits and knew that he does not sign inside, only outside. Many of the autograph seekers walked away, but I approached Mr. Pujols after about 50 feet and again asked him to sign. He smiled and signed my team ball, and then was deluged with other requests. Since he hit a home run this evening it was the least he could do.

Totals for the day: 34 cents
Race Totals: $72.17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home