Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Today I found $1.09. . . 2 nickels, 2 dimes, 2 quarters, and 29 pennies. I also found a golf ball. Sadly, the golf ball will not count towards the daily totals.

I stayed up late last night doing some new car buying research and when I got done I decided that since I was soon going to be out some money I might as well go make some money. I hopped in the car and visited the Boston Market drive-thru where I found nine cents (one nickel & four pennies). I also checked the Starbucks drive-thru, that had no cars in it because it was early in the morning and was still closed, and I found 41 cents (one dime, one quarter, and six pennies).

I actually had to drop something at the post office and there I found seven cents (one nickel & two pennies). The nickel was in the coin return slot of a stamp machine and the two pennies were on the ground. My final stop of the morning was at a car wash, where I found eight cents (all pennies) on the ground. This was also where I found the golf ball, which due to it's nature (i.e. not change) it will be added to my "Not Change Cup."

In the afternoon I stopped at another car wash and I found 25 cents (one quarter). At Kroger, a local grocery store, I found 18 cents (one dime & eight pennies) in and around a coin sorting machine. The dime and two pennies were on the ground, and the remaining pennies were in the coin return slot. Finally, driving to Kingwood, TX this evening to pick up my new car I found a penny in the road. As I was at a red light I was able to retrieve it and add it to the collection.

As I just mentioned I purchased my new car today. The Transmonster, my old car, just didn’t have what it takes to make me happy (a working transmission). I’m actually a bit dissapointed with the negotiations. I ended up paying $400 below invoice and I didn’t have the opportunity to get angry and walk out on negotiations. The whole process took less than four hours but with all my research I was really hoping for more of a challange. Ah well, at least I have a new car.

An interesting aside to the car story is that when I purchased my car I had to leave my friend Tara's car at the dealership. She got back from Mexico this evening and we went to go pick it up. Driving to the dealership I saw a car wash and asked if it would be ok to stop. Tara, a tad grumpy from the long trip, stated, "only if you want me to key your eyes out." I took that as a no and kept driving.

Totals for the day: $1.09
Race Totals: $77.35

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your total for this day doesn't match what you found, I don't believe. Perhaps you had $1.06 on your head from the day before.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Much thanks. I'm glad you got that error now, because if not I wouldn't have found it till the end of the month when I did my totals and it would have been harder to fix. Thanks.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home