Monday, June 06, 2005

Monday, June 6, 2005

Today I found $1.06. . . 5 dimes and 56 pennies. I also found a British penny. Sadly, the British penny will not count towards the daily totals.

On my way back from lunch this afternoon I made a few quick stops before I went back to work. At Kroger, a local grocery store, I found 10 cents (one dime) on the floor by the self checkout line. At a small car wash in Tomball, TX I found 23 cents (two dimes & three pennies) on the ground. At a Sonic, also in Tomball, I found four cents when I searched the patio area and the places where cars park and drivers place their orders.

On my way home I stopped at another Kroger and checked around the self checkout lanes. Nothing. However, in the coin sorting machine I found 46 cents (ALL PENNIES). I have had good luck finding change in coin sorting machines, several times finding more than 46 cents. However, when the coin is rejected it makes a noise as it drops to the reject slot, and you would think that the person exchanging change for dollars would hear at least one of the 46 plunks. Actually, 47 if you count the British penny that I found there. The British penny had been designated for assignment to the "Not Change Cup" but was instead given to the son of a friend who was correctly able to locate England on a map of the world that he had made in school today.

My final two stops on the way home were at two other car washes. At the first I found 10 cents (one dime) and at the second I found 13 cents (one dime & three pennies). At the second car wash I also exchanged two dimes & one nickel for a quarter so a guy could use the vacuum cleaner. Since the quarter came from my pocket and the dimes and nickel were obviously not found this transaction has no bearing on the final results noted for the day.

Totals for the day: $1.06
Race Totals: $76.26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home